Autodesk just released the 3rd version of the iPad App Autodesk FormIt after launching it at Autodesk University just a couple months ago at Autodesk University 2012. The team has been rapidly adding features and addressing requests based on users feedback. FormIt is the easy to use 3D conceptual modeler for the Apple iPad Tablet. You can create shapes and forms, and then later refine them in the auto-magically created Revit .RVT file or in another application using the SAT file.
While FormIt is great for architectural design, there really are no limits and you can just as easily model a robot or any other 3D concept model. It is just plain fun, oh and it is also FREE.
What’s new in FormIt 3.0
• New visual styles that include sketchy lines, hidden lines, and line extensions
• Import and manage multiple images on the ground plane
• Multiple images translate to the Revit file created in the cloud
• Apply bitmap textures to faces and objects
• View your sketch from an orthographic plan view
• Synchronize all sketches to the cloud by pulling down on the Gallery page
• Toggle the ground plane grid display on and off
• New icon and branding
• Bug fixes and minor improvements
For a great overview of FormIt 3.0, check out David Light’s blog post: FormIT 3.0