What has 10,000 feet, can cripple a hotels Internet backbone, can surround a hotel lobby bar in seconds, come from around the world, and are responsible for designing cool things?
Autodesk University attendees!
AU 2005 is now officially kicked off. With over 5000 attendees and 375 classes this year in Orlando, it is the largest ever. AU keeps growing year over year and it is getting difficult to find locations large enough to accommodate the CAD Geeks.
I spent Sunday preparing for this week but did take time to do a few things.
- Had lunch with New Zealand CAD user and blogger Robin Capper.
- Finally met Jimmy Bergmark of JTB World
- Saw and spoke with a ton of people some of them I had not seen in years. I had a hard time making it 20 feet without stopping to speak with someone. I have seen Melanie Stone, Mike Perry, Lee Ambrosius, Darren Young, Mark Douglas, Lucio DaSilva, Martyn Day, Santa, and many many more...
- Had a great dinner with a few members of the DWF and Buzzsaw teams.
- Spoke with a few Walt Disney Designers that use Autodesk products to design some of the coolest rides and places in the world.
I am running late this morning but today I will be taking some photos and then working in the AutoCAD booth tonight during the AUGI beer bust so stop by and say "hi". It looks like attendees are using the Dolphin lobby bar as the popular gathering spot similar to what we used the old MGM Betty Boop in Vegas AUs.
The AU 2005 Image Gallery
Cell (415) 328-6747